Comment on page
The NFT auction design ensures Bend remains both decentralized and sustainable. It is likely the best method to find the real price of NFT assets.
An NFT auction will be initiated when the health factor is below 1. More specifically, if the collateral has a liquidation threshold of 80%, the loan will be liquidated when the debt value is worth 80% of the collateral value. The liquidation threshold is specified per collateral and expressed in percentage points.
- An open-outcry ascending dynamic auction system
- The system opens the auction with a starting price. The starting price will be 1) bigger than the total accumulated debt.
- If the borrowers repay the loan in 24 hours, he/she will pay a fine to the first bidder.
- Anyone can take part in an auction.
- The bid must be:1) no less than the starting price; 2) higher than the previous bid plus 1% debt.
- The first bidder will receive at least 0.2 ETH paid by the borrower as the penalty if the borrower repays within 24 hours.
- The highest bidder will get the collateral if the borrower doesn't repay the loan.
- The bidder needs to deposit ETH to bid.
- The deposited ETH will automatically be refunded in wETH when his/her bid is not the highest bid.
- If the borrower repays 50% of the debt within 24 hours, he/she will pay a fine of a maximum(5% of the debt, 0.2 ETH) to the first bidder.
- If the collateral is sold in auction for greater than the loan amount, the excess will belong to the borrower.